Asbestos Removal Tasmania
Helping You Protect Your Family & Ensuring Your Home in Burnie, Devonport & Launceston is Safe
At Asbestos Services Tasmania our asbestos removal service is one of the leading companies on the North West and West coasts of Tasmania offering expert and certified specialists for asbestos testing, removal and disposal.
Protect your home and family with our licensed and insured removal experts. Asbestos is commonly found in roofing, flooring, window putty, ceilings, drywall, linoleum and sheet flooring and heating or air ducts. We are able to test your home and property for dangerous fibres and ensure they are professionally removed and transported whilst still providing competitive and affordable solutions.
Asbestos poses a health risk to those residing in homes containing such materials as the body cannot digest, break down or change asbestos and can lead to fatal diseases and cancers.
Did you know…
- 2 out of 3 homes built prior to 1987 are likely to have products that contain asbestos in or on the home.
- Widespread use of asbestos in the 1950s and up to the mid 1980s continues to be a problem during home maintenance, renovation and demolition.
- Lack of awareness of the safe way to deal with asbestos removal can result in higher levels of asbestos fibres in the air in your home.
- Breathing in fibres may cause one of several related diseases including Mesothelioma, Asbestosis and lung cancer.
- Asbestos risk is high and at least 6 people a day are diagnosed with asbestos related diseases in Australia.
- Asbestos products attached to the outside of the home include walls cladding, eaves, carport ceilings, garage walls and roofs, meter box panels, outdoor sheds and old laundries, guttering, corrugated roofing and fencing.
- Inside the home related products include walls and ceiling cladding in bathrooms, laundries, and kitchens, sheet vinyl, vinyl floor tiles and flooring underlays and glues.
- Asbestos inspections can be conducted by local, certified experts with the asbestos testing conducted by a laboratory to give you a confident report of asbestos risk in your home.
- You can be charged, fined and even imprisoned for not removing it correctly or adhering to Tasmanian asbestos regulations. Removing without training can result in significant harm to yourself, family or neighbours.
- Asbestos disposal must be managed by a authorised waste facility that has been certified and complies with Tasmanian regulations.
Let the experts at Asbestos Services Tasmania handle your asbestos concerns and ensure your project follows important health and legal regulations. Contact us today on 0418 135 439 or via the online enquiry form on this page and arrange your onsite asbestos testing inspection.